Recipe by Meryl
These chocolate chip cookies are great! It's hard to stop eating them! You can also drop them by rounded Tbsp, and bake about 10 minutes.
Top Review by bakergirl123
i just took these out of the oven and got a nice big glass of milk to go with one. they were amazing. mine took about 10 minutes beacuse they were still really raw at 8 but my oven is also a little tricky. these are so good, i am having a hard time not eating another. i willl use this recipe from now on. cripsy on the outisde, crunchy and chewy on the inside. my kind of cookie!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F for regular pans and 350° for dark pans.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, both sugars, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture. Beat well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in the middle of the oven about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not overbake.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from the cookie sheets and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Tip: Store cookies in an airtight container and add a piece of soft white bread or a slice of apple to keep cookies soft. Change the bread or apple every day or two.
- Cookies may also be frozen for longer storage. (Make sure they're tightly wrapped).