Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Only 6 ingredients to make these tasty bars! A favorite at this house. Raisins could easily be substitued or maybe craisins.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix (I recommend Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow.)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix and brown sugar.
- Add butter, and eggs.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in the dates and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 13" baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
These were super easy to make I I really liked them for that, but they were not a big seller at the bake sale. Thanks
I'm making my 2nd batch this week. Very tasty. I cut into squares and put in snack baggies for lunches. Thanks for posting.
My mom's recipe exactly! These are delicious!