These cookies are absolutely delicious and absolutely addictive! I keep rolls of it on hand in the freezer and just slice off as many as I want to bake at one time. They never last long. My 2 year old LOVES them. Another winner from FC...
- 6 3⁄4 ounces all-purpose flour (1 1/2 c.)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dried cranberries (1 1/3 c.)
- 5 ounces chopped pecans (about 1 c.)
- Oven to 350 degrees F.
- (if baking right away).
- Line sheet pans with parchment.
- Mix the dry ingredients together (not including sugars), then stir in the oats.
- Set aside.
- Beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, then scrape down the bowl; add the honey and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Add the flour mixture in two additions, beating each until well combined.
- Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- At this point, you can either bake, or freeze.
- To freeze, just scrape the dough onto plastic wrap, roll into a log, wrap tightly, and freeze until ready to bake.
- Then just take them out of the freezer, let sit for about 15 minutes, then slice into 3/16" thick slices and bake as directed.
- To bake immediately: drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on parchment lined sheet pans.
- Bake until the centers of the cookies are soft and no longer look wet; about 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.