Recipe by Debbie R.
I love this cookie! From Pillsbury's Bakeoff Cookie book.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Definitely had to make these at the last minute for a cookie/candy bake sale I had over the last 2 days, & your cookies were A GREAT SUCCESS! I could hardly sack them up fast enough! I loved (as did others!) the nice combo of cranberry & ginger! Thanks so much for a recipe that I'll be making again, especially during the winter holidays! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup sugar (plus more for coating)
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything except cranberry sauce. Blend well.
- Stir in cranberries, mixing thoroughly.
- Chill dough at least one hour.
- Shape into balls. Coat with additional sugar. Put on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 min; watch them because time will depend on the size. Recipe calls for a "rounded teaspoon". I usually make my cookies bigger than that.
- When done, remove from cookie sheet immediately.