1/3 Photos of Chewy Cranberry Chips Cookies
Cookie Exchange time! Or wrap the whole bunch on a beautiful festive platter and wrap with a cellophane and a gorgeous ribbon for Christmas giving. OK stash a couple because these are too good not to save a couple for yourself. These are delicious, so sweet, oh chewy, yes yumminess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour or 1 3/4 cups whole wheat
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup vanilla baking chips
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger, chopped (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Heat butter in a pan till lightly browned and has a nutty fragrance.
- 3Whisk in cheese and sugars and salt. Let sit while stirring flour, baking soda, nutmeg and ginger together. Give a stir to the butter mixture let sit again while placing parchment paper on three large cookie sheet pans. FYI Letting the sugars sit in the butter/ cheese mixture helps dissolve the sugars, making a delicious chewy cookie.
- 4Whisk in whole egg, yolk and vanilla.
- 5Stir in the flour mixture to combine then stir in the chips, orange zest and cranberries. And optional candied ginger if you like.
- 6Place 8 cookies per sheet pan.
- 7Bake 12-14 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and let rest 1-2 minutes.
- 9Remove and let cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Cranberry Chips Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 104.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g