- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (your favorite)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat in 350 degree oven.
- Cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar till light and fluffy.
- Stir in 1/2 cup flour.
- Put in greased 8 X 8"pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- (You may have to press it out to a thin layer.) Meanwhile, mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tbsps.
- flour, salt, vanilla, egg, nuts and coconut.
- Spread evenly over baked dough.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or till golden.
- While warm, cut into squares.