Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sweet and yummy!! I often add a teaspoon of orange or lemon zest for a variation, but they are delicious as is.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 8-inch (20 cm) square pan.
- In large saucepan, melt margarine. Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until light golden and sides begin to pull away from cake pan. Cool. Cut into squares.
I found this to be a very simple recipe to make in a hurry. Followed instructions to the T. It was nice and moist but i would bake it a few minutes longer so it doesn't fall apart. This recipe is basic that you can make changes for variation. It is so simple even my son can make it without any problem.
Sooo easy and absolutely delicious. I melted the butter in the microwave in a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup and then added all the other ingredients to that cup for easy clean up. I did substitute golden raisins because of my preference to them. I'll be trying this recipe again with some dried cherries next time and then substitute almond extract for the vanilla. These were really good and incredibly simple and fast to throw together. Thanks for the keeper recipe!