Recipe by Elly in Canada
Sweet and yummy!! I often add a teaspoon of orange or lemon zest for a variation, but they are delicious as is.
Top Review by 1ginger
I found this to be a very simple recipe to make in a hurry. Followed instructions to the T. It was nice and moist but i would bake it a few minutes longer so it doesn't fall apart. This recipe is basic that you can make changes for variation. It is so simple even my son can make it without any problem.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 8-inch (20 cm) square pan.
- In large saucepan, melt margarine. Remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until light golden and sides begin to pull away from cake pan. Cool. Cut into squares.