Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
Although I haven't tried this yet, the recipe looks too good not to pass along. I found it on the back of a Baker's Angel Flake Coconut package.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 2⁄3 cups coconut, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat butter till light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Stir in 1 cup flour and 2/3 cup of the coconut.
- Press into ungreased 9 inch square pan and bake at 350F for 20 minutes, or till golden brown.
- Beat eggs and vanilla. Gradually beat in brown sugar. Stir in 2 tbsp flour and the baking powder. Stir in raisins and 1 c of the coconut.
- Pour over crust in pan and bake @ 15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with chips.
- Cover with foil 2-3 minutes until chips soften. Carefully spread to frost.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Cool and cut into bars. Garnish with additional raisins.
Upgrading to five. These are way better the day after you make them and DO chill them. Very good. They are plenty sweet! Next time I may cut the sugar. Easy recipe with the things I love - coconut, chocolate and raisins. Outrageously delicious! One tip - the instruction to bake for an additional 30 minutes after adding the topping was WAY too long for my bars....fortunately, I checked at 20 minutes. They were completely brown on top and almost over the edge toward burned. I will adjust the bake time next time to about 16 minutes, then check every minute until they are done. Will make again. With baking time change and less sugar, easily a 5 star for me. Thanks for posting! Will make again!