Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a favorite of ours. We love coconut and oatmeal together.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats or 1 1⁄2 cups regular rolled oats
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in coconut and oats (batter will be thick). Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.