Prep 35 mins
Cook 8 mins
Great for holiday cookie trays.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Heat oven to 375. In large bowl, combine butter, sugar and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat until smooth.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Add oats, coconut and nuts; blend well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets.
Good, but not great. The texture was a little bit heavy - I'd recommend trying them with a bit less flour. They need more macadamia nuts, probably double the amount given. A good flavor, not too sweet.