Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another recipe from a Cooking Light magazine that we find to our liking. Extra bars keep well in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks. But, in our house, they weren't around that long!!
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup flour (about 3 ounces white flour)
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons milk (I used 2% but the recipe called for fat-free)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole grain granola cereal
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried mixed tropical fruit
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 250.
- Coat a 9X13 metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Dust with the 2 tsp all purpose white flour.
- Measure the 2/3 c white flour and the whole wheat flour into a bowl with the baking powdeer and salt.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients (through eggs) into a large bowl and beat with mixer on high speed until smooth.
- Add flour mixture beating at low speed until blended.
- Fold in granola and chopped fruit.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack then cut into bars.