Another recipe from a Cooking Light magazine that we find to our liking. Extra bars keep well in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks. But, in our house, they weren't around that long!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2/3 cup flour (about 3 ounces white flour)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons milk (I used 2% but the recipe called for fat-free)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain granola cereal
- 3/4 cup chopped dried mixed tropical fruit
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1Pre-heat oven to 250.
- 2Coat a 9X13 metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- 3Dust with the 2 tsp all purpose white flour.
- 4Measure the 2/3 c white flour and the whole wheat flour into a bowl with the baking powdeer and salt.
- 5Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients (through eggs) into a large bowl and beat with mixer on high speed until smooth.
- 6Add flour mixture beating at low speed until blended.
- 7Fold in granola and chopped fruit.
- 8Spoon batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with coconut.
- 9Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden.
- 10Cool completely in pan on a wire rack then cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Coconut Granola Bars
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 120.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: