Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Copy Kat Chat.
- 1 cup land o lakes butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon imitation coconut extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 30 candied red cherries, halved (or grren)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla and coconut flavor; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until well mixed. Stir in coconut by hand.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Press 1 cherry half onto center of each cookie. Bake for 9 to 13 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove from cookie sheets.