Recipe by Olay H.
A very coconutty rice flour chewy dessert. Traditionally, this is baked in banana leaves but my family prefer the crispy edges which is why I use a sheet pan. I have been testing out several types of chewy desserts using rice flour and this seems to be the favorite.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 (12 ounce) jars coconut strings in heavy syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups mochiko sweet rice flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line a 12" x 17" x 1" baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, beat coconut milk, condensed milk, and melted butter until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. Do the same with both jars of macapuno strings. Gradually beat in mochiko flour. Follow that with the brown sugar and add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- 3. Pour batter into lined cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown and sides are slightly dark brown, about 45-50 minutes.
- 4. Once cooled, loosen the sides, cut into squares and place it in a serving tray. Discard parchment paper.