Recipe by Kelleigh
taken from http://www.verybestbaking.com/
Top Review by Debbwl
Very Flexible and tasty brownie with a nice soft yet light texture. I cut the recipe in half and baked in a 9x9 pan, also used a really good quality dark cocoa powder instead of the suggested baking cocoa. I then cut these into harts and placed atop of Recipe #33624 and layered with Recipe #209847 for a very special valentines treat. Thanks so much for the post.
- 1 2⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Nestle Toll House Baking Cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- COMBINE sugar, butter and water in large bowl.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.