Recipe by Dine & Dish
This is another delicious chewy chocolate cookie! It has a mild chocolate flavor... not too strong, not too weak! A great fix for your chocolate sweet tooth!
Top Review by Shar-on
A nice chewy choc. cookie. Mine did not flatten like the picture, but anyway they taste good, almost like fudge!I did not have sugar crystals, but used regular sugar instead. Thanks for posting.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar crystals
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine.
- Stir in cocoa, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1 cup white sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, then stir in the cocoa mixture and the vanilla.
- Blend in the sifted ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll chilled dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll them into the sugar crystals and place them 2 to 3-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Take the cookies out of the oven once they look like they are starting to set.
- The key to making these cookies great is to not overbake them.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Tip: Although I haven't made these cookies by rolling them in granulated sugar instead of sugar crystals, I don't see why that can't be done.
- If you don't have the crystals, go ahead and give rolling the cookies in granulated sugar a try!