Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found in a Nestle booklet. It has been a while since I've made these but my notes say they stay chewy & moist for a while if kept tightly covered. Pretty sweet so cut into smaller bar sizes (2"x1"). A little bite goes a long way.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease at 13x9" baking pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat brown sugar and butter together until creamy.
- Beat in corn syrup and vanilla; then stir in uncooked oats.
- Press dough into bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. Cool slightly (about 10-15 minutes).
- While this is cooling, in a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Spread this mixture over the crust. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and then cool completely. Refrigerate 10 minutes to set chocolate mixture after letting it cool on its own to set chocolate mixture.
- Cut servings into 2x1 inch bars.
I made these to take to work today, and everyone loved them. One person even said I should open up my own candy bar company! LOL! I almost forgot the peanuts, even though I'd crushed them ahead of time. Managed to get them on top before the chocolate got too hard. I'll definitely make these again when my DS is home. He'll love them. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag
For a chocoholic who loves peanut butter, these bars are just the thing! Absolutely great combo, & apparently many others think so, as well, because when I took 2/3 of the batch to a park-sponsored coffee/tea hour, they were gone in no time! You have a very nice keeper of a recipe here! [Made & reviewed in Went to the Market recipe tag]