Recipe by Ann 3
simple and delicious.
Top Review by Darkhunter
OMG, is this ever scrumptious! You think it's healthy, right? Because of the oats, and, after all, peanut butter is protein! Right? Well let me tell you, you won't care if its healthy or not! I did deviate from the directions a little. I melted all of the chocolate chips and peanut butter together before spreading on all those healthy oats! My choice of nut was peanuts, but not the regular peanuts. Oh, no, I used BUTTER TOFFEE PEANUTS! Talk about gilding the lily! Thnx, I think, Ann (l0l), for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups quick oats
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven 350 degrees.
- beat brown sugar and butter in large mixer until creamy. beat in corn syrup and vanilla.
- stir in oats then press into greased 13 x 9 in baking pan.
- bake for 15 minutes and cool slightly.
- melt 1 cup chocolate chip morsels and peanut butter in small, heavy saucepan over lowest heat possible. stirring until smooth.
- spread over base then sprinkle with peanuts and remaining chocolate chips. press down slightly.
- chill 1 hour or until firm.