Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Moyn at Gail's says of these sweets: "These are scrumptious! Don't be fooled that the recipe and cleanup are so easy."
- 1 (14 ounce) package angel flake coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 baker's unsweetened chocolate squares, melted (4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Drop from teaspoon, 1 inch apart, onto well-greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove immediately from baking sheets.
- Makes 8 dozen.
- Note: the vanilla can be substituted with almond extract.
- Source: Moyn, at Gail's Recipe Swap.
These came out not sweet enough and TOO chewy. Almost inedible. Don't use unsweetened chocolate for this recipe!
These were super easy and very tasty. I made them bigger than the recipe called for, which may be why baking them didn't seem to make a real difference in them. Next time, I'll follow the directions more closely!
These are awesome - quick, easy and scrumptious. A great soft blast of chocolate with a nice chewy texture. And the best thing is that my egg allergic child can eat them (and they are not a pain to whip up like most other eggless treats).