Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 mins
A delicious special occasion cookie that will disappear quickly. These are VERY chocolaty!
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cocoa (I prefer dutch-process)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- In mixing bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flours, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in hazelnuts.
- Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 8-9 minutes.
- Do not over bake; cookies will be soft.
- Cool slightly before removing from sheet.
Wonderful chewy cookie, but stick to the cooking time, they can be overbaked quickly. I used organic cacao powder.
This was ok; turned out too sweet for my taste so would need to reduce at least 1/2 cup of the sugar. It also took longer to bake - a good 10 minutes at least.