Top Review by Joyful Apprentice
Oh my dear these are good! We made them without the chocolate chips. My husband and I have made them lots for family/friends. The last couple of times we made them we substituted about 1/4 cup of the butter for peanut butter, and I'll tell you, not all of the mixture made it into the oven!
- 295.73 ml butter or 295.73 ml margarine, softened
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml cocoa
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml peanut butter chips (12 oz. pkg.) or 473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. pkg.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In large mixer bowl; cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into creamed mixture. Stir in peanut butter or chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.).
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack. Cool completely.