Top Review by Joyful Apprentice
Oh my dear these are good! We made them without the chocolate chips. My husband and I have made them lots for family/friends. The last couple of times we made them we substituted about 1/4 cup of the butter for peanut butter, and I'll tell you, not all of the mixture made it into the oven!
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter or 1 1⁄4 cups margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peanut butter chips (12 oz. pkg.) or 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz. pkg.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In large mixer bowl; cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into creamed mixture. Stir in peanut butter or chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.).
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack. Cool completely.