Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Cooking Light, August 2005
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 250º.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place unsweetened chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high for 1 minute or until almost melted.
- Remove from microwave; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a large bowl; add coconut, and toss well.
- Stir in melted chocolate, vanilla extract, and sweetened condensed milk (the mixture will be stiff).
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until edges of cookies are firm and center of cookies are soft, rotating baking sheet once during baking time.
- Remove from oven, and cool 10 minutes on pan.
- Remove the cookies from the pan and cool completely on rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Very easy to make and taste great!