Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Cooking Light, August 2005
Make and share this Chewy Chocolate-Coconut Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 250º.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place unsweetened chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high for 1 minute or until almost melted.
- Remove from microwave; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a large bowl; add coconut, and toss well.
- Stir in melted chocolate, vanilla extract, and sweetened condensed milk (the mixture will be stiff).
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until edges of cookies are firm and center of cookies are soft, rotating baking sheet once during baking time.
- Remove from oven, and cool 10 minutes on pan.
- Remove the cookies from the pan and cool completely on rack.
- Store in an airtight container.