Recipe by Debber
As soon as these cookies come out of the oven, pour a glass of ice-cold milk, and give yourself permission to eat a couple. The anti-oxidants in the double dose of chocolate will be good for you! If you leave these in the oven too long--no problem, call them "Crispy Choco Chocolate Chip Cookies." No one will complain!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugars until well-blended and very light.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, stir dry ingredients, then add (gradually) to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons to greased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7-9 minutes for softer, chewy cookie; 9-11 minutes for a crunchier version.
- VARIATION: Try other flavors of chips like caramel, butterscotch, raspberry, white chocolate, mini-chips.