Recipe by Secret Teenage Chef
A pizookie is basically a giant cookie served slightly undercooked a la mode. One pizookie feeds more or less 4 people. You can also serve this dough as traditional cookies, but either way, they're chewy, buttery, and sweet. Yum!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Pour the melted butter in a large bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, 2 tablespoons milk, and vanilla extract to the sugar-butter mixture. Mix.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips (can be omitted or increased depending on taste).
- Scoop onto baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet, OR spread dough on the bottom of 4 9-inch pie tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve cookies or cool and store. Pizookies are topped with vanilla ice cream and served warm.