Recipe by Darshirl
This is the best Oatmeal cookie I have ever tasted and it is my family's favorite. Add your favorite spicy if you like. Great gift for Christmas too!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl,sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another another bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Stir dry ingredients in the cream mixture until just blended. mix in quick oats, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.