Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is the best Oatmeal cookie I have ever tasted and it is my family's favorite. Add your favorite spicy if you like. Great gift for Christmas too!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl,sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another another bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Stir dry ingredients in the cream mixture until just blended. mix in quick oats, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
five star cookie recipe. but be warned; these are the type of cookie you cannot stop eating; the texture and taste are great. i did have to make a few changes; first i changed it to make 21 cookies and the recipe worked out fine. (i didnt want to have lots of cookies lying around in case they turned out great; good thing i thought ahead!) and i didnt have any fresh brown sugar so had to use sugar in the raw. i opted to leave out the additional white sugar and i used organic bulk oats so i dont know if they were quick cooking or not. they were very easy to put together and the taste was super even without the white sugar. i found them definitly sweet enough. the texture was nice; chewy and soft but the texture of the oats was detectable which made it have some substance. i used a chopped up organic dark chocolate candy bar instead of the chips per my daughters request. they were excellent and will make them again. thanks for sharing.
This cookie is great! Me and the whole family loved than. Highly recommended! But next time if I made them again, I would use 1/4 less oats.
Made these tonight and they were fantastic. Crispy outside, chewy inside. Will make these regularly.