I am posting this recipe so that I can remember it for future use. This was submitted to the Netmum's website. some of the reviews have mentioned that the sugar can be cut down by 1/2 because of the use of golden syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 170°C/160°C fan/Gas 3.
- 2Beat the butter, sugar and syrup together until soft and creamy.
- 3Mix in the flour, vanilla extract and add the chocolate chips.
- 4Divide the mixture into about 15 pieces and roll into balls using your hands.
- 5Place well apart on greased baking sheets. Do not flatten them.
- 6Bake for about 10 mins until a pale golden colour (don't cook any longer or they'll go crispy!).
- 7Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes and then remove from the tray and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- 9Use any combination of raisins, chopped glace cherries, dates, dried apricots, nuts etc instead of chocolate chips if preferred.
- 10For double chocolate cookies, replace 2 tbsp of the flour with 2 tbsp cocoa.
- 11Use dairy-free marg and choc chips for vegan/dairy-free cookies.
Browse Our Top Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.4
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g