Recipe by ashwebster
I am posting this recipe so that I can remember it for future use. This was submitted to the Netmum's website. some of the reviews have mentioned that the sugar can be cut down by 1/2 because of the use of golden syrup.
- 100 g butter (softened) or 100 g margarine (softened)
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 150 g self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 50 g chocolate chips or 50 g smarties candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/160°C fan/Gas 3.
- Beat the butter, sugar and syrup together until soft and creamy.
- Mix in the flour, vanilla extract and add the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture into about 15 pieces and roll into balls using your hands.
- Place well apart on greased baking sheets. Do not flatten them.
- Bake for about 10 mins until a pale golden colour (don't cook any longer or they'll go crispy!).
- Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes and then remove from the tray and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Use any combination of raisins, chopped glace cherries, dates, dried apricots, nuts etc instead of chocolate chips if preferred.
- For double chocolate cookies, replace 2 tbsp of the flour with 2 tbsp cocoa.
- Use dairy-free marg and choc chips for vegan/dairy-free cookies.