Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Shared by a friend this is the favorite Chocolate Chip cookie at our house. Melting the butter and letting it set back up makes a chewy on the inside cookie.Posting so I won't lose it.
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven 325.
- Stir flour, baking soda & salt in a large bowl set aside.
- Beat the butter & sugars in a large mixing bowl 1 to 2 minutes until combined. Beat in the eggs, egg yolks, and the vanilla for about 30 seconds. Scrape when needed.
- On low speed slowly add the flour mixture, mix until just combined. Mix in Chocolate chips and nuts.
- With small ice cream scoop make balls, sort of squish on parchment paper lined cookie sheets, space about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes till cookies are golden around edges and the centers are still soft and puffy.
These were pretty good. Mine didn't end up real soft and chewy in the middle so not sure if my measuring was a little off or what happened but they still had a nice flavour. Really buttery tasting. The vanilla was a little bit overpowering I think if I were to make these again I might cut back on it a little.