Recipe by Chef Mrs. P. #308858
Shared by a friend this is the favorite Chocolate Chip cookie at our house. Melting the butter and letting it set back up makes a chewy on the inside cookie.Posting so I won't lose it.
Top Review by Treenickel
These were pretty good. Mine didn't end up real soft and chewy in the middle so not sure if my measuring was a little off or what happened but they still had a nice flavour. Really buttery tasting. The vanilla was a little bit overpowering I think if I were to make these again I might cut back on it a little.
- 3 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325.
- Stir flour, baking soda & salt in a large bowl set aside.
- Beat the butter & sugars in a large mixing bowl 1 to 2 minutes until combined. Beat in the eggs, egg yolks, and the vanilla for about 30 seconds. Scrape when needed.
- On low speed slowly add the flour mixture, mix until just combined. Mix in Chocolate chips and nuts.
- With small ice cream scoop make balls, sort of squish on parchment paper lined cookie sheets, space about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes till cookies are golden around edges and the centers are still soft and puffy.