Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
Soft, chewy cookies that have a remarkable "cookie" taste.
Make and share this CHEWY Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and brown sugar together.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to wet mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Do not overmix.
- Drop onto a greased cookie sheet (or roll into balls if you prefer).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (DO NOT go over 12 minutes- they will become harder!).
My 15 year old daughter made eight dozen of these for her classmates at school, (that means they had to be simple to make) also I thought they tasted great, this cookie actually stayed nice and soft. thanks I know I'll be making these often.
"Do not overmix" usually means "mix the minimum amount possible". So mix the ingredients enough so that the flour is *just* mixed in. If you mix any recipe with flour too much, the end product will end up tough. This is especially important for pastries, especially things like pie crusts.