Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
These bars are heavenly my family eats them up so fast I usually don't get very many, once you try these scrumptious bars you will always be asked to make more. A great way to your families heart
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or another kind of your liking)
- Pastry: In a small bowl mix together margarine and brown sugar until creamy, stir in flour.
- Pat into the bottom of a greased 9x13" pan and bake 350° for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs and brown sugar until well blended, mix in the vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt and nuts, spread evenly over pastry, sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake 350° for 20-25 minutes until top is golden.
- Cut into bars.
i gave this five stars because after i completey botched this it still tasted good. i am not a baker at all and when following the recipe i thought that the 1c of flour must have gone into the cookie bar part and the 2tb flour must have gone in the pastry part. after i saw the pastry part wasnt really turning out as it should and then the cookie bar part was really tough to stir, i realised my huge error. my daughter and i threw it in the oven anyway and when they came out were delicious anyway and although not that attractive; very good. i will make these again, but be sure to do the recipe correctly. thanks for sharing; they were very very good.
This is a wonderful treat! So chewy and tasty! I like to take out the walnuts myself, but with or without them it tastes great!!!