Recipe by Jug O'Mud
These bars represent the best of both worlds to my sweet tooth. It's a cross between a chocolate chip cookie and a blondie and it tastes oh so good. I hope you will agree! This recipe originally calls for 1 cup of Second Nature Eggs (egg substitute), but I've found that 4 large eggs work just as well. (Original source: Second Nature Eggs product recipes)
Top Review by QueenJellyBean
These are really sweet and even though I cooked it longer than 40 minutes they were still not done in the center....which of course could be Chef error on my part! The kids and hubby thought that they were ok in small portions.
- 1⁄2 cup stick margarine (70% vegetable oil spread)
- 3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup second nature egg substitute (or sub with 4 large eggs)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 13x9x2 inches baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients in order listed, stirring well after each addition.
- Spread evenly in baking pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until deep golden brown.