Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a local church cookbook. If you like a softer cookie bar, then this is the recipe for you! A definite crowd and family pleaser. I frequently give out this recipe. Also a great midnight snack IF there are any left!
- 118.29 ml softened butter
- 354.88 ml packed brown sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- Mix all the ingredients together well except for the chocolate chips.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in a 9X13 pan for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- I have better results using a metal pan.
I made these 2 days ago and I found them quite tasteless. I followed the directions exactly. When they were done my family and I could taste the chocolate but the bar itself really had no flavor. They were simple to make but not a recipe I would make again.
Easy because all the ingredients are always in my cupboard - and fast... as they are gone quite fast! They become dry quite fast so better to enjoy them fast! :)
These were very good. I was worried about them not fitting into a 9x13 so I made in my two 8" cake pans. They didn't last long and will be made again and again.