Recipe by Mirj
This one came about when I bought too many marshmallows. Prep time includes chilling.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
Let me first say...I had EXACTLY 16 marshmallows left in my opened bag, so this was like fate! ;) The other ingredients in the recipe were in my cabinet leftover from holiday baking, so someone up there sure wanted me to make these. They turned out WONDERFUL! They remind me a little of Chunky candy bars and they were so easy to make. I used butter instead of margarine, milk chocolate chips and quick oats, plus everything else as listed. I had to mix these by hand, as the mixture was thickening quick, almost like a fudge. I kneaded the oats and raisins in and then instead of dropping from a teaspoon, which would have been impossible, I rolls the mixture into balls. I got exactly 36 of them. I ate two before refrigerating them and they were great and I just had one out of the fridge and that was even chewier. Just a great all around recipe...to think it's been here lost in the land of unreviewed for almost 4 years!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate, marshmallows and margarine, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Chill 2 to 3 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes before serving.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the fridge.