Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
This is from the back of the box of a Nestle Baking Chocolate Bar. I wanted to put it here for safekeeping.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) box semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, Nestle Toll House, broken into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Microwave sugar, butter and water in a large, microwavable bowl on high (100%) power for 3 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring once. Add baking bars; stir until melted.
- Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- FOR SAUCEPAN METHOD: Heat sugar, butter and water in medium saucepan just to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add baking bars; stir until melted. Proceed as above.