When you bite into these rich, chocolate cookies, you'll think it is a brownie!
Make and share this Chewy Chocolate Brownie Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar, water and vanilla.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture; beat just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes (don't overbake).
- Cool 2 minutes; remove to wire racks.
Heavenly.....another great recipe from Kittencal!! Glad they're going out the door and not staying in my kitchen....if they make it to this evening. :) I made according to the recipe except for making half the chips white peppermint, adding a 1/2 tsp of coffee powder, and omitting the nuts since they were for a kid's party. I baked them on parchment paper, took them out of oven as soon as the tops looked "dry" (about 6-7 minutes). then cooled until cookies flattened/set before removing from pan. For servings, I doubled the recipe and used a small (tablespoon of batter) cookie scoop; it made 8.5 dozen, 2.5 inch round cookies.
This is excellent for the "hamburger cupcakes". Before making these I had to make a sheet of brownies and use a cookie cutter to make the "meat" part of the cupcake and it looks more like a hamburger patty. Everyone of the people who ate them wanted the recipe for the brownie cookies.
U never dissapoint I cant wait to do more of ur recipes dont stop what ur doin