Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
When you bite into these rich, chocolate cookies, you'll think it is a brownie!
Top Review by Pawsfurthought
As soon as these were out of the oven, I knew they were a hit. My husband, who is at best ambivalent about chocolate, RAVED! Thanks, kittencal, for another keeper! Soft and gooey, perfect!
- 158.51 ml shortening (Crisco is good)
- 354.88 ml packed brown sugar
- 14.79 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla or 4.92 ml maple extract
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml flour
- 78.07 ml sifted cocoa powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar, water and vanilla.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture; beat just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes (don't overbake).
- Cool 2 minutes; remove to wire racks.