Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good chocolate chip cookie!
Make and share this Chewy Choco-Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl; whisk to combine; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed with electric mixer just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Great recipe, however, the baking temp is way off. I was leery to bake them at 325, but followed the recipe as noted. The cookies baked for 14 minutes and were still doughy. I upped the temp to 375 and they baked in 8-10 minutes. Other than that, the flavor was good and I enjoyed the chewy consistency!
These were great! Just the right combo of chips to dough and perfectly chewy. Might be my new favorite chocolate chip recipe.
These were still chewy days later. I used whole eggs, not just the yolk, and half whole wheat flour, too. So yummy! This is my family's favorite cookie.