Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my variation on the Quaker Oatmeal Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe. Sometimes you just want something a little different! These are great for breakfast or a snack!
- 236.59 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 709.77 ml oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 354.88 ml dried sour cherries
- 59.14-118.29 ml chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, beat shortening and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Add oats, cherries, and pecans. Mix well.
- Spread mixture in an ungreased 9 x 13 metal baking pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 to 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Store tightly covered.
Yummy! I didn't have enough pecans and I substituted white chocolate chips instead. A nice balance between sweet and tart and a great chewy texture. Thanks for posting.
I made these this weekend to have for breakfast. We loved them. I followed the recipe exactly except an addition of more walnuts. Delicious, chewy, and goes great with a steaming mug of spiced tea. Excellent!