This is my variation on the Quaker Oatmeal Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe. Sometimes you just want something a little different! These are great for breakfast or a snack!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried sour cherries
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, beat shortening and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Add oats, cherries, and pecans. Mix well.
- Spread mixture in an ungreased 9 x 13 metal baking pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 to 30 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Store tightly covered.