Recipe by Lizz Clements
Almond bark is pure delight during any time of year! I whipped this vegan version up post-Thanksgiving. It's delicious and easy to make.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
OUTSTANDING TREAT, this bark is! We thoroughly enjoyed the combo of chocolate, almond & cherry here, & I did use generous measures of both the nuts & the fruit! Thanks for sharing a great keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 3 -5 tablespoons milk or 3 -5 tablespoons soymilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan on low to medium heat, melt the chocolate with 1 tablespoon of the milk. Continue to add milk to the chocolate, 1 tablespoon at a time, until fully melted. The chocolate should have a smooth consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or into a parchment lined 8x8 inch pan. Smooth the melted mixture to a desired thickness and smoothness.
- Let cool in your refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes or until solid.
- Break into pieces and serve!