Recipe by MizzNezz
These chewy twists are a yummy snack. The kids will love helping you make them.
Top Review by Manda
By far, the easiest soft pretzel recipe I have ever made. I addaed just a bit of garlic powder to the dough. Although I admit that I do need some practice on my "pretzel-shaping" skills, they still turned out wonderful (a little deformed/lol). I also like them dipped in ketchup or marinara sauce. Thanks, Inez, for another wonderful recipe! ~Manda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in milk, just until moistened.
- Knead on a floured surface for a minute.
- Divide in half.
- Roll each portion into a 12x8 rectangle.
- Cut each into 8in long strips.
- Fold strips in half; pinching the edges;and twist into pretzel shapes.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with course salt.
- Bake at 400* for 12 minutes or until golden brown.