Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These easy drop cookies are the perfect mix between cookies and cheesecake.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese. When smooth, add in vanilla & sugar followed by flour, then pecans.
- Roll into 1" balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart, & press gently with the bottom of a wet glass to flatten cookie balls slightly. Bake for 11-14 minutes. Let cool on sheets enough so they won't break when you remove them with a spatula.
These cookies were just okay. Although my roommates and coworkers all devoured them, I found them a bit sour tasting. Perhaps the cream cheese just didn't work for me? I actually thought they tasted much better the second day!
These cookies taste awesome. I have a feeling they are five-star cookies, but they turned out looking like three-star. Mine spread all over the pan, even though I started with cold dough that had been in the fridge for two days. DH loved them as is, but they were definitely not "cookies"! Will definitely keep trying until they come out well, maybe add more flour as another reviewer noted. I live in Costa Rica, so sometimes ingredients aren't what we expect in terms of quality - it could have something to do with the butter or the cream cheese, or maybe even our weather. Due to so many good reviews, I hesitate to fault the recipe, so four-stars for now. Will update on the next try...
These really are the perfect hybrid of cookie and cheesecake! And they are ridiculously easy to make. I think this could be a wonderful base for any flavor you wanted to add. I omitted the nuts because DH is not a fan, but otherwise made as directed.