Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This brownie pie is exceedingly rich, chewy, gooey and irresistible when topped with a scoop of ice cream. Another great dessert for a Special Occasion. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate, squares
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces caramels, unwrapped (about 30 caramels)
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream
- heat oven to 350*F.
- in 2 qt saucepan combine butter and unsweetened chocolate. cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- stir in remaining brownie ingredients.
- spread batter into greased 9" pie pan. bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brownie is firm to the touch.
- meanwhile, in 1 qt saucepan cook caramels and whipping cream over medium heat, stirring occasionally until caramels are melted.
- remove brownie from oven, spread melted caramel mixture over entire baked brownie.
- sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips.
- return to oven, bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until caramel mixture is bubbly.
- let stand 30 to 45 minutes, cut into wedges, serve warn with ice cream.