Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another recipe I got from The Taste of Homes Simple and Delicious magazine that I wanna make with the kids.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 36 Rolo chocolates, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, nuts and butter. Spread half into a greased 13 x 9 inche baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until set.
- Place candies, cut side down, over crust, top with remaining cake mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
I started making these as written with the 9x13 pan, but once I got half the batter in the pan it did not spread and cover the bottom of the pan so I switched to an 8x8 pan. Came out perfectly in the 8x8 pan. I loved them as is; just the right amount of sweet and chocolate. Of course the hubby needed more chocolate so I sprinkled some mini chocolate chips on top and smoothed them once melted. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
Made this for a church lunch. So good. For the 2nd half of the batter, I dropped it by teaspoons on top of the rolos (uneven top). Looked great. Tasted even better.