Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
Watch everyone come running when they catch a heavenly whiff of butterscotch and graham coming from the kitchen. Get out the milk and have a treat. Recipe from Meals.com. They are excellent cookies.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (11 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- In large bowl beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in butterscotch morsels.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until set.
- (I found 11 minutes best but check at 9) Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I can easily say that these were the best cookies that I made this Christmas. I added a tsp of cinnamon to give them some kick. It made a huge difference. Try making them without the chips and using the cinnamon, you get a whole other cookie with the same recipe!
Dorel, these cookies are really tasty-- thin, chewy...yum. I used whole wheat pastry flour and 1/2 c oil for 1/2 c butter. I might next time add a bit more flour and/or chill the dough prior to baking. To get 2 c of graham cracker meal, I ground about 226 g of graham crackers in my food processor to make a fine meal. I found that 3 oz of chips was sufficient, but most cookie recipes call for 6 oz (2 c). 11 oz is quite a lot of chips! Bet it would make for a very gooey cookie. Thanks so much for posting this recipe.
Butterscotch the new chocolate!!! Delish cookie and easy to make. The testers @ my house all of Ms. Picky's friends gave these a thumbs up