Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Many requests for the recipe came after making these for hubby's office for Xmas. There are other similiar recipes on Zaar but none are exactly made like these are. Hubby and I could not stop eating the second batch I made until they were all gone. This is from Homemade Favorites 2004, Robin Hood pamphlet.
- CRUST: PREHEAT oven to 350F (180C).
- Grease a 13” X 9” cake pan.
- Combine all ingredients for crust, mixing until crumbly.
- Press firmly into prepared pan.
- Bake in centre of 350F oven for 15-18 minutes, or until light golden.
- TOPPING: Beat eggs, sugar, corn syrup and melted butter until blended.
- Stir in butterscotch chips and cashews.
- Pour evenly over crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes longer, or until set and golden.
- Cool completely in pan on rack then cut into bars.
- TIP: Chill for easy cutting.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Excellent for freezing.
Bars 5 stars. Made for PAC 2008 DH and DS said 10 stars. Of course they are both bias. Anything cookie like or candy like automatically rates higher. This is a great cookie bar recipe. I can see mix and match with the flavors. (chocolate chips, mint chips instead of butterscotch) Very simple to make and a delight to enjoy. My students are also guinea pigs and this was scarfed down so fast! They asked for more so your recipe rates high all around. Thank you PAC BABY