1 hr 13 mins
Cher Jewhurst's Note:
Many requests for the recipe came after making these for hubby's office for Xmas. There are other similiar recipes on Zaar but none are exactly made like these are. Hubby and I could not stop eating the second batch I made until they were all gone. This is from Homemade Favorites 2004, Robin Hood pamphlet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Robin Hood all-purpose flour or 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1CRUST: PREHEAT oven to 350F (180C).
- 2Grease a 13” X 9” cake pan.
- 3Combine all ingredients for crust, mixing until crumbly.
- 4Press firmly into prepared pan.
- 5Bake in centre of 350F oven for 15-18 minutes, or until light golden.
- 6TOPPING: Beat eggs, sugar, corn syrup and melted butter until blended.
- 7Stir in butterscotch chips and cashews.
- 8Pour evenly over crust.
- 9Bake for 30-35 minutes longer, or until set and golden.
- 10Cool completely in pan on rack then cut into bars.
- 11TIP: Chill for easy cutting.
- 12Store in refrigerator.
- 13Excellent for freezing.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Butterscotch Cashew Bars
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.0 mg
- Sodium 84.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g