Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From the back of Publix butterscotch morsels. When I submit the recipe, it is changing the butterscotch morsels to Nestle, but I used the Publix brand.
Top Review by iewe
The flavor on these was really good, except that in a 13x9 pan as called for, I baked them for 45 minutes, and they still were not fully cooked in the middle. They were not raw, but they were a tad more gooey than I would have liked. Not sure how to fix this except to just cook them longer though, but I would be worried about the bottoms burning if I baked them longer.
- 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat morsels and butter in large saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Pour butterscotch mixture into large bowl; stir in sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, nuts and salt, mixing well.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
- I microwave the morsels and butter in a large bowl for 2 minutes, stir, and microwave for an additional 2 minutes, stirring again until thoroughly blended. I then just add all ingredients to the same bowl and bake as indicated.
- I also bake this in a stoneware 15x10-inch pan for 20-25 minutes, yielding about 48 bars.
- These are also really good with a bag on white chocolate morsels stirred inches :yummy:.