Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From 101 Things to Do with a Cake Mix by Stephanie Ashcraft
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, margarine and eggs until the cake mix is completely absorbed. Stir in chips and nuts. Press the stiff dough evenly into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake 26 - 30 minutes. When cooled, cut into squares and serve.
This was a perfect recipe since I'm trying to use up stuff in the pantry and freezer (cake mix, nuts and chocolate chips). It's very cakey and delicious. Made for Fall PAC 2011.
I wanted to make brownies, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I grabbed my 101 Things To Do With a Cake Mix and found this simple but yummy brownie recipe. Who knew you could make brownies from a cake mix? I didn't have chocolate chips, but I substituted Hershey's chocolate bar pieces. Thank you for posting this!