Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Corn syrup helps keep these brownies moist and fudgy. This is my favorite Brownie. Recipe comes from TOH.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- Combine oil, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Fold in nuts.
- Spread in a greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 25-27 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. If desired, dust with confectioner's sugar while warm.
This is a great recipe for brownies. I like it plain without the nuts and instead love trying new ingredients. Instead of the corn syrup, I like honey- it is easier to get and I love it! Thanks for the spectacular recipe. You can't go wrong with it. Also, it lasts several days fresh and moist- I even think it gets better with age.
Thanks for a great recipe! I added a little extra cocoa after comparing to other recipes, but otherwise, my only change was using an 8X8 pan to get a thick brownie. I had to extend the baking time an extra 15 minutes for my oven but got a thick, fudgy, moist brownie! Awesome!
Thank you! This is exactly what I've been looking for in a brownie. So many ingredients, power and time have been wasted on other recipes. THIS IS IT!!